Sunday, November 2, 2008

Sewing

I am so lucky to have a neighbor who can sew. She came over on Friday to look at my ancient sewing machine and showed me several things I had no idea about. It really does help to have a manual, but unfortunate for me --that the manual was lost and not included with the machines gifting to me.

However, I finished my first tote bag/purse and have used it since Nov 1. I am planning out my second as we speak because I really REALLY want this one to be more along the lines of a different image I have in my head. I am currently avoiding this bag that I love

and would love to have the pattern for and a similar material, but instead, I'm going to be trying my hand at creating my own pattern. While this is going to be much harder on me, I think I'll be able to achieve as long as I take my time and plan everything IN WRITING! LOL Wish me luck!

No comments: