Sunday, November 2, 2008

Pattern Creation


Ok, so what I did for this project is design "the look" of the bag on paper first. Now, this can change through the process of pattern creation.. but next I went on to creating and then cutting out the pattern. The first attempt at creating the pattern that I wanted yielded a minor error.. it was WAY too small! So, I went back and started over. I used printer paper and drew the pattern that I wanted and then cut it out. Where the one piece of paper was too small, I used scotch tape and put two sheets of paper together to get the size pattern that I wanted to create.. the following pictures will show the pattern that I cut out and used to cut the fabric.

Haha ok the following photos will show the fabric, design and the look of the tote/purse.




I absolutely love this photo because well, the bag body kind of reminds me of women's granny panties. :giggle: But don't despair, the bag body is much better than this..









Here's the rest of the outside of the bag body.
What I am doing with the inside liner is making a somewhat opposite version of this one. The curved edges will be brown, the V section will be the white with the stars and the middle edge (not yet shown) will be the striped pattern.







The handles will be brown on the outside with the stripes on the inside.













This last photo shows the pieces that will go on the outside/inside sides of the purse to make it a little more broad.








Well, so far this is as far as I have gotten. I need to go to the craft score and pick up some D rings and figure out how they will fit into it all since they'll be part of the handles as well as pick up some fusible heavy interfacing to make the bag a little more heavy duty. Additionally, will I make this bag a zippered bag or create a flap to "close" the bag from outsiders.. decisions decisions.

1 comment:

Morissa said...

I love this bag. I am impressed that you are moving so quickly with this. You are a natural.
I love the shape and style of the bag but I really like the different fabrics you used. Very creative.