Monday, November 14, 2011

Quilt gift and Celebrating Color

Trying to decide whether to post gifts I've made that have not yet been given has been a hard decision. However, I don't think the person receiving this one will be seeing my blog, so I'm taking a chance and also entering into the Celebrating Color Event.

Here's my first lap quilt Christmas gift...and the very first Christmas gift of the season I've completed. I'm way behind.

The front of this lap quilt was made with 5" squares of fabric from my stash laid out in a random pattern surrounded by solid borders.


I had to purchase some additional solid yardage for the back, which I also pieced using fabric from the stash, borders and binding.


I decided to quilt it with cream thread in straight line quilting 1/4" from the piecing on the front and stitching the ditch on the borders.



I have to say, this is one of my favorite ever quilts that I've made. I just may have to mimic this with slight variations for other projects.

Check out the
Celebrate Color
and add your project today!

No comments: