Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Christmas is Creeping Up on Me

While it's early November, Christmas is fast approaching. Before it makes its way, there'll be Thanksgiving, many Birthday's, including mine, and time spent with family and friends. But for Christmas, I have so many projects that I'm trying to complete for holiday gifts and am somewhat terrified about the time frame. Do you ever feel this way?

On the agenda for the next several weeks are 3 quilts, 4 monster pillows, a few other pillows and I'd love to make myself a quilt. See, I've made quite a few quilts since I began this journey in my life and I've yet to make me one that I can crawl up in and enjoy. I think I'll just do that soon. Many of the projects are simple yet time consuming and a few are more complex, but with a goal in mind, I must complete them. Here's a sneak peek at the quilt project I'm working on for one of my gifts.



In addition to Christmas gifts, I also have a new niece supposed to arrive at the end of the year and have made a gift set for her. I used very girly fabrics and used applique and embroidery to complete her gift set of bibs, burp cloths, receiving blanket and onesie which I configured into a "cupcake". Hopefully Mom will love these specially handmade gifts.




I'm hoping to finish at least one quilt by Friday and maybe even I will have started on another. Wish me luck!

No comments: