Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Sewing & crafty things

A few years ago my mother gave me her old sewing machine when she picked up a new one. I really didn't know how to use it much and still don't, but I pulled it out and set it up one night and then purchased the fabric and things to make an apron. My mom was around when I started the job and showed me how to cut the fabric and thread a bobbin, but she left before we did any major sewing. Much to her delight, I finished my apron a few days after she left.. although I have decided to change the neck strap which is going to be fun once I figure out how to make a button hole. =)

I'm off to my next project now and am trying to make a tote/purse which I have discovered is extremely hard to figure out so far. I have all the fabric cut, so we'll see what I come up with. I'll post pics as soon as I can!

No comments: